The Foundation was established by a Trust Deed dated 12 April 2005 and its principal task is to collect together the official archive and publish the writings of the late Metropolitan Anthony of Sourozh (1914 — 2003). The Trust Deed was amended by a Deed made on 6 July 2018 allowing the Trustees to belong to any canonical Orthodox jurisdiction, whether or not in communion with the Patriarchate of Moscow.
The Foundation is the legal owner of the world-wide copyrights and other intellectual property rights in Metropolitan Anthony’s works and commissions new selections and approved translations.
The Trust Deed permits a maximum of eight trustees all of whom must be communicant members of the Orthodox Church. New Trustees are appointed by the existing trustees when necessary or when a vacancy occurs.